20 September 2006

20 September 2006

This morning I get to meet with a group of students at Clark Fork Jr/Sr High School that I will be working with to produce a school yearbook. It's a first for me and, really, a first for them, too as we try to discuss quality publishing. Somehow I'll be taking these kids in hand to teach them how to sell and design advertising, take photos, design page layouts, scan photos, write copy, create collages, track finances....hmm, I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew.

Had a meeting yesterday with Chris Bessler, the big cheese at Keokee Publishing, and John Reuter, the guy who's taking over publishing the Sandpoint Reader. We, along with the Daily Bee and KSPT radio, are sponsoring a forum in downtown Sandpoint next week to talk about "Conquering Gridlock." The focus is on what can be done to deal with traffic downtown, especially as it's been "three years since the (ITD) announced that construction on the Sand Creek Bypass will begin in the fall," as Chris put it in our press release. Hope to see lots of people show up - 6 pm at Sandpoint's Community Hall on Tuesday, September 26.

No comments: